Victory Baptist Church was originally founded in 1959 by Norman Towles, who pastored the church until 1965. During Pastor Towles' ministry, VBC grew from the 19 charter members to around 90 members, and the membership secured our current location and built their first building.
In December of 1965, the church called Bob Cunningham as its pastor, who would minister at Victory for four years. During this time, VBC added onto the first building and completed a larger sanctuary. Pastor Charles Sheffield would eventually replace Pastor Cunningham, and by God's blessing, the membership would grow to over 200 men, women, and children.
In 1974, Pastor Randy Cotton would begin his 17 year ministry at Victory. Under his leadership, VBC would build the current sanctuary which seats approximately 500 people, and would continue to grow in number.
In 1993, Victory would call Charles Wetherbee, a pastor who was then ministering in the state of Georgia, to be its fifth pastor. Under Dr. Wetherbee's ministry, the church has now grown to its largest in number and has expanded its outreach ministries to a broader capacity. In 2013, Dr. Wetherbee celebrated his 20th year of pastoring at VBC, and he continues to deliver the Word faithfully week after week.
For over 50 years now, God has continued to build Victory Baptist Church spiritually and numerically. We see this not as a result of our own working but as a result of God working through us. To God be the glory! Great things he hath done!